Thursday, February 25, 2010

Faye Dunaway



I'm kind of a recluse.

I'm still the little southern girl from the wrong side of the tracks who really didn't feel like she belonged.

I often say the last role I played that really touched me and where I was able to access what I really am was Bonnie, which is kind of sad when you think how early in my career that was.

I mean, I was always interested in people like Lenny Bruce, people who are breaking the old rules and making new ones.


It's interesting as one grows older to keep in touch with the cutting edge.

It's true, I did a lot of great movies, and I'm happy. It was what it was, and now I think all of that has fed into where I am now, and I think it has taught me a lot.

My mother's passion for something more, to write a different destiny for a dirt-poor farmer's daughter, was to shape my entire life.

You are an athlete when you're onstage. You can't get tired.


Well, softness and femininity... people don't expect of me; so when they find me emotional and capable of real vulnerability, they're surprised.

The whole era when I was busy being a big movie star was terribly disconcerting. I was cared for and cosseted, and yet I was totally dependent.

Years are not important, my dear.

- Faye Dunaway

No comments: